Okay, first I need to say that I'm getting cabin fever SO BAD because of this non-stop storm nonsense. I seriously want to go outside and play in some sunshine, but hearing the wind whistle and the rain spatter my windows is making me jittery and frustrated.
So I was glad to have the excuse of Ace's birthday in order to hop into the car for some serious field trip action through the Santa Cruz mountains. I gave him a photo scavenger hunt to work on, and before each of our several stops, he got a box with a few gifts and a note with hints on where we were headed. I'm rather quite proud of how the whole thing worked out, and *fwew* he seemed to genuinely enjoy the entire weekend!
- Half Moon Bay Brewing Co. (and an attempt to get to Maverick's beach, but didn't know exactly where it was)
- Pestering birds and buying beans at Phipps Country Store
- Wine tasting at Bonny Doon and a quick detour to a secret beach area
- Late lunch!
- Nearly getting into fisticuffs with the proprieter of the Bigfoot Museum about the meaning of the scientific method
- A soak in a hot tub at Well Within
- Dinner and birthday spankings courtesy of Ciao Bella restaurant
- A night spent at the haunted Brookdale Lodge
- ...Followed by a champagne brunch in the dining room with the river running through the middle, and a bunch of wine tasting on the way home
Speaking of which, I have finally fallen in love with a winery enough to join their wine club. Nom nom nom.
More fun approaches these next few weeks! I can't wait, and now all that needs to happen is for the $%!@ing weather to clear up!